Thursday, May 7, 2009

Smash the Machine, Smash the controls.....!



Sadly, this is my everyday as i struggle to deal with my poor, poor Gwillion. Yes, Gwillion would be my Mac G4, a 2001 one 733 model that has NEVER malfunctioned until last summer, when all hell broke loose. Really, the gates were left open by some random child and things have never really been the same. Now, i am not saying Hell is a bad place really, it's just up for changes most do not understand or enjoy. with these new changes we adapt and modify ourselves, thus evolving, and potentially growing in more the more, but a truer self. I found something to do last night due to not having Gwillion to rely on and get some work done. The option was to go to the library to pick up "a" book. Well one hour in the isles and i knew i was hooked lined and sunk into the world of caption, dialogue, forms and screen printed events, eras and unified decimal points connected by strings of history, only to walk out with another 45lbs of reading and visual materials to assist in my new weeks of project development.

So, while i pursue new clients in the hopes of gaining enough income to scrap by and manage a new mac and accompanying software (yes, due to the new Pentium chip i will be needing a new CS4 kit to run as well as Office 2008 instead of my trusty 2004) , i will toss back  few cold ones, offered by my tap of choice, sadly dispersing only water laced with fluoride, and sketch away my rainy blues of electric and binary woes.

Danger Will robinson, Danger i say....

No comments: